Have you ever heard if “Distractitis”? Because well, you have it.
- Schedule/plan your day ahead of time
- Reduce input (e.g. number of news channels, tv shows, websites, friends, …)
- Get comfortable ignoring things (ignoring = becoming aware, then instantly moving on)
- Turn your phone notifications on silent
- Check your phone/messages/email at certain intervals
- Keep your workspace clean, tidy and clutter-free
- Don’t let other people’s urgencies take over your time
- Set blocks of time for working or reading. Set a timer to know when you’re finished.
- If you do something, finish it before you start something else
- Try not to multitask