In the Hundu wisdom tradition of Vedānta, there are five reasons why you suffer:
- You don’t know who you are
- You are attached to impermanent, temporary, and therefore “illusory” things
- You are afraid of things beings impermanent, temporary, or illusory
- You are identifying with your ego (your „false“ self) instead of your soul (your „true“ self)
- You are afraid of death and therefore of everything unknown
According to Vedānta, the way out of suffering and, therefore, the key to freedom is the goal of evolution itself:
Losing your fears.
The way to do this?
Find out who you are. Who we are. Realize that you are the immeasurable, manifested potential of all that was, all that is, and all that will be.
Source: Deepak Chopra