Mitochondria are the parts of cells (think of it like the cell’s main organ) that give your cells their energy by making a molecule called ATP that cells use as fuel.
The better your mitochondria work, the more and better energy your body has available.
Here are 5 study-proven ways to give your mitochondria a boost and/or increase the number of mitochondria:
- Cold Exposure (e.g. 30-second-showers under cold water or short ice baths)
- Heat Therapy (e.g. sauna)
- High Intensity Training (short bursts of maximum energy capacity, e.g. 30-second sprints)
- Turmeric (use as supplements, make a tea form it or sprinkle some on your meals combined with some freshly ground pepper for better absorption)
- Avoid processed/added sugars (you know it!)